Am a multifaceted Ugandan woman with over 20 years working experience both in the public and private sector in East and West Africa. With an academic back ground in Actuarial Science from The Institute of Statistics and Economics – Makerere University combined with my work experience in a wide range of industries such as Banking and Finance, Petroleum, Media, advertising, Agro processing and the service industry I bring much needed and valuable experience.
Honored to have represented Uganda in The Apprentice Africa where I obtained a lot of Business exposure and created networks with big corporations across Africa that will come in handy in the further growth of the Country.
- Experience in varied industries – I have had the opportunity to work in a wide range of Industries starting with the service industry, Construction, Manufacturing, Fashion, Beauty, Agriculture, Media, Advertising, Banking Oil and gas. Working for Micro, Small, Medium as well as Multinational Enterprises has enabled me to not only learn how to adjust quickly to new environments but also acquire a variety of professional, life and social skills that I believe will come in handy in this work space.
- Team Development and Management – I am currently working for an International Oil Company that I single headedly set up from scratch before any other employee was brought on board. A team player appreciating the individual effort of each team member to achieve the highest form of excellence. I believe in teamwork to get the job done right. This is evidenced from my early years in school to University days where I served as Prefect, Athletics and Swimming captain of Makerere University.
- Leadership skills – I have strong leadership as well as motivational and staff development skills largely due to my excellent interpersonal relations which have enabled me to interact and communicate effectively both within the organisations I have worked and with key development stakeholders and partners such as Ministries and other government organisations.
- Communication skills – Over the years I have been requested to be a guest speaker on different platforms such as Rotary, UN Women, Kikuubo business Women, Network of African Business Women, Women in Energy, Women in leadership and other business networks.
- Results oriented – I am loyal, self-motivated, results oriented with strong analytical abilities and a proven track record for seeking and consistently achieving set targets.
- Project/ Investment development – Since 2008, I have spear headed a number of development projects starting with Voices of Africa on CNN, attracting investors to Uganda in Real Estate, Agroprocessing and Petroleum industries and currently liaising with The Climate Innovation Centre in Kenya.
- I am open minded; I see challenges as opportunities to excel. I believe that the only limits that exist are those that I place on myself.
- My Personal service – I have been blessed by God therefore I too give of my time and resources to the less fortunate in my community as my way of showing gratitude to the creator. One of my personal initiatives is with the commercial sex workers in Kabalagala.